Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Deftones and Dillinger Escape Plan at the Tabernacle

     My weekend started off by going to see the Deftones and Dillinger Escape Plan at the Tabernacle.  While I was walking up to the venue all I see is a bunch of frat dudes pre gaming for the show.   It looked like there were getting ready to run through a tunnel for a football game the only thing that was missing was that they didn't slap each other in the ass and say good game.  So me and Juan Montoya go to will call and get our tickets then we go inside, and to my surprise the Tabernacle is one of the most beautiful venues I have ever seen, and thats just walking through the front door and when you get down front to the floor its even more amazing.  It was an old church that they converted into a concert venue so know they have shows there which i think is really amazing because instead of all of us going to The Masquerade and dealing with there shity staff and overpriced drinks this was just a very nice and welcomed change.  So we walk down to the front were we found probably the best spot in the house upfront and no one around it was awesome no one touching me and enough room to just chill out and enjoy the show.  So then Dillinger goes on, and all I can think about is that these people have no idea what they are about to see because if you remember back in the day Dillinger Escape Plan was the wildest bands to watch between the fire breathing jumping off there equipment throwing there stuff around basically its like watching controlled mayhem.  So then Dillinger goes on and as I look into the crowd all i can can see is 95% of the people watching them there jaws are on the ground and they don't even know what to think because they cant  believe what they are seeing.  They are just all over the place from jumping off full stacks and jumping into the crowd and still not loosing a beat they always stayed tight and on point.  They have been around for over 12 years and still doing the somethings they have always done just killing it night after night. Dillinger  Escape plan never disappoints always a great show.

    Then we have the moment they have been waiting for the Deftones hit the stage, and the crowed just starts going nuts yelling and screaming  just loosing there fucking minds,and they have not even hit the first note yet.   So the first song they play is the title track from the new record Diamond Eyes , and to my surprise I look up on the stage and there is Sergio Vega from Quicksand so I was like this is amazing he was all over the stage like the days of old.  Sergio and Chino were all over the stage it was amazing there were supper tight there sound guy was so on point it wasn't even funny.  They play a couple of songs off the new record the they play a couple of the hits off White Pony it was amazing, and then to my surprise they played 7 Words which I have seen them play more then a few times, and I have never heard them play that live so for me this was awesome.  They also played a couple more songs off Adrenaline which was very cool they played for almost two hours just going off it was amazing.  I have seen them more then a few times like I said but by far this may have been the best I have ever seen them.  From beginning to end they were amazing just a lot of fun to watch, and you can tell that they were having a good time as well.  I don't know about you but for me when I go to a show and the band is not enjoying them selves you can always tell, and that just takes away from the show for me anyways.  But over all the venue was beautiful the bands were incredible the sound was amazing in there so I suggest if this tour comes near you pay the cash and check it out trust me you will not be disappointed at all..

No comments:

Post a Comment